Are you the person we are looking for?
If so, you will have a strong work ethic with initiative, high integrity and are physically fit.
Drive your career in a job that makes a difference helping people locally, helping people globally and helping the environment.
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors is a business of Church 4 Life Ltd. As a charity we have an honest, respectful and hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to distribute blue bags inviting our community to donate clothing to be collected, processed and sent to developing countries to help poor people. We help Aussies and save thousands of kilograms of clothing from going to landfill each year.
We are a friendly, passionate and diverse bunch who love the exciting adventures of a growing charity and the opportunities to bless people that come our way.
We are looking for a motivated person to collect donations from donor’s houses, clothing bins and op shops across the Hunter and Central Coast to bring back to our warehouse for processing.
This role is initially a casual role with both day and night shifts 7 days a week based from our office at Boolaroo. This role may become permanent part time or permanent full time position for the right person.
What you will do in this job:
- Collect donations from donor’s houses, op shops and clothing bins
- Read maps and daily pick up run sheet to plan an efficient run
- Load and unload vehicles (including clothing, household items and furniture)
- Process donations including sorting and transporting
- Working in a team to achieve team goals
- Driving, cleaning and maintaining work vehicles
- Other duties as required
Does this describe you?
- Strong work ethic with drive, initiative and high integrity
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy donations
- Able to strategically plan an efficient route to meet deadlines
- Have an excellent driving record and able to drive a manual
- LR or MR licence desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated communication and team work skills
- Driven to provide excellent customer service to our community
- Be willing to work outdoors in all weathers in both day and night shifts
- Wear PPE and follow WHS requirements
- Willing to work in an overtly Christian organization
If you are someone with an excellent driving record, who goes above and beyond, is willing to work both day and night shifts 7 days a week and this is the opportunity you are looking for –
submit your resume and a cover letter, addressed to the Church 4 Life pastor, selling me on the 3 reasons why you would be ideal for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:30am Monday 19 October 2020.