Are you the person we are looking for? If so, you will have an entrepreneurial spirit, heart for people and proven business leadership skills.
This is a unique opportunity to fashion a charity op shop from the ground up, including creating an enticing layout, building a team, online marketing and connecting with the local community to construct a new store where the good things to be found go beyond great products.
Church 4 Life Op Shops are a business of Church 4 Life Ltd. We have served our community through our Op Shop in Tanilba bay since 2009 and are ready to open a second op shop in the Lake Macquarie area.
As a charity we have an honest, respectful ad hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to turn the generous donations of our community into life giving opportunities for people locally, globally and eternally, while helping our environment.
We are a friendly, passionate and diverse bunch who love the exciting adventures and opportunities of a growing charity that is creating real social change.
You may have recent retail experience, or maybe not. While relevant industry experience and tertiary qualifications in Retail, Business, Marketing or related field will be highly regarded, we are open to applicants with pertinent transferable skills.
What is essential, is your drive, passion, leadership skills and proven ability to deliver outstanding results in a complex and rewarding business environment.
You will need to be a person with high energy and physically fit as this roles involves a great deal of manual handling.
About the job:
We have a vision, we have stock, we have a shop and a supportive Executive Team ready to help in the challenge of setting up, opening, managing and growing a new op shop to meet organisation goals.
What we are missing is a dynamic leader ready to tackle this adventure.
This is a permanent full time role, based in the Lake Macquarie area but will require you to travel to our op shop in Tanilba Bay as needed.
With this role comes the offer of a generous charity salary sacrifice package.
What you will do in this job:
- Prepare the op shop for opening, including making it CoVid Safe
- Be responsible for the daily operations of the shop
- Provide effective leadership to create, train and motivate a team of dedicated staff and volunteers
- Create a culture of extraordinary customer service
- Collecting and processing of donations
- Stock control and pricing
- Merchandising and store presentation
- Marketing to develop a strong following of regular shoppers in store and online
- Meet financial and organisational KPI’s
- Be responsible for implementation for company policies including WHS and CoVid Safe Practises
- Coordinate with colleagues from other departments of Church 4 Life Charities
- Build positive relationships with neighbouring businesses
Does this describe you?
- Strong work ethic with drive, initiative and high integrity
- Proven dynamic management and leadership abilities
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Social media savvy
- Demonstrated success in meeting financial goals
- Physically fit and energetic
- Strong visual merchandising skills with attention to detail
- Willing to undertake a Police Check and Working With Children Check
- Willing to work in an overtly Christian organisation
- Strong alignment with the values of Church 4 Life
If you are a leader who is highly organized, passionate about customer service , ready to put in the hard work needed to make a difference and this opportunity excites you
Suitable applicants may be interviewed before the closing date.