Warehouse General Hand – 3 Casual Positions
Are you hard working, physically fit and strong and looking for casual work that makes a difference?
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors is a business of Church 4 Life Ltd. As a charity we have an honest, respectful and hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to distribute blue bags inviting the community to donate clothing to be collected, processed and sent to developing countries to help poor people. We help Aussies and save thousands of kilograms of clothing from going into landfill each year.
We are a friendly, passionate and diverse bunch who love the exciting adventures of a growing charity and the opportunities to bless people that come our way.
This role would ideally suit someone who sees a mountain of work as a challenge to be beaten and enjoys getting stuck in and winning so they can physically see their hard work stacked neatly by end of shift.
Working in our warehouse at Warners Bay this role requires you to be physically fit and strong and highly self-motivated to work with your team to process each day’s donations within the shift.
This role would ideally suit university students, including international university students looking for work around studies and recent High School graduates.
About the Job:
In this role you will:
- Load and unload vehicles (including clothing, household items and furniture)
- Processing donations including sorting and baling
- Cleaning and tidying of vehicles and warehouse
- General warehouse duties
- Work alone and in a team to achieve team goals
- Driving, cleaning and maintaining work vehicles (if licenced)
- Stacking bales and loading container (if forklift ticketed)
- Other duties as required, including potentially working in other roles
Shifts are available weekdays, evenings and weekends, with school holidays being our busiest times.
Does This Describe You?
- Hardworking, respectful and have high integrity
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy donations
- Self motivated and works well in a team to meet team goals
- Flexible to work extra shifts or hours as required
- Willing to wear Personal Protection Equipment and follow WHS requirements
- Willing to work in an overtly Christian organization
- Manual car license and MR truck licenses desirable
- Forklift ticket highly desirable
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Rewarding workplace where your work makes a difference locally and globally
- Opportunities to grow in your career
- Friendly team environment in a growing charity
- Attractive NFP salary sacrifice package available if promoted to permanent part time or permanent full time.
If you are someone who is hard working, who goes above and beyond, meets the above criteria and this is the opportunity you are looking for
submit your resume and a cover letter, addressed to the Church 4 Life pastor, selling me on the 3 reasons why you would be ideal for this job to email@example.com by 11pm Sunday 28 February 2021.