Bring your passion for helping people, solid organisation skills and servant leadership talents to this rewarding role!
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors has an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide outstanding leadership to our warehouse team.
We are seeking people who thrive in a busy environment and can motivate a team to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high standards of work. This is a great opportunity to support a Christian charity while also developing your skills and building your career.
The ideal applicant will have exceptional leadership skills to manage the execution of day-to-day operational responsibilities of our busy warehouse with our diverse team including employees, volunteers, community service and work for the dole participants.
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors is a NFP business of Church 4 Life Ltd. As a church organisation we have an honest, respectful and hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to distribute flyers and blue bags inviting the community to donate clothing to be collected, processed and sent to developing countries to help poor people. The processing of donations and loading of shipping containers is the main focus of our warehouse.
This role is a full time position with shifts Monday to Saturday and is located at our warehouse at Warners Bay.
To be successful in this role you:
- Agree to the Church 4 Life Statement of Faith
- Must have current forklift and manual drivers licence
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy donations, including with the use of trolleys, pallet jacks or a forklift to assist in loading and unloading stock
- Be flexible to work extra shifts or hours as required
- Provide exceptional leadership and organisational skills to effectively manage the flow of donations and stock to prioritize and fill orders to customer specifications
- Management of staff resources including casual or temporary staff within budgetary constraints and Work for the Dole and Community Service guidelines
- Work in partnership with managers of other departments and the Church 4 Life board to achieve business goals
- Active part of recruitment, induction, training and performance management of team members
- Ensuring the warehouse and associated vehicles and tools are maintained to standard
- Ensuring all paperwork and administrative requirements are completed with high levels of accuracy
- Be responsible for WHS training and compliance at the warehouse
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with drive, initiative and leads by example
- Proven dynamic servant leadership experience, including volunteers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a diverse team of people, delegate work and explain ideas clearly
- A commitment and proven ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
- Enjoy a fast paced, challenging workplace
- Truck licence (MR) highly desirable
- First Aid certificate desirable
- Be mechanically minded and skilled (e.g. experience in vehicle repair) desirable
- Rewarding workplace where your work makes a difference locally and globally
- Attractive NFP salary sacrifice package available
- Friendly team environment in a growing charity
To Apply: Send your resume with a cover letter briefly explaining how your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience will enable you to achieve the key requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: when we find the right person. If you think this job is for you please apply asap.