Start your career in a job that makes a difference and helps people locally, helps people globally and helps the environment while earning nationally recognised qualification.
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors is a business of Church 4 Life Ltd. As a charity we have an honest, respectful and hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to distribute blue bags inviting the community to donate clothing to be collected, processed and sent to developing countries to help poor people. We help Aussies and save thousands of kilograms of clothing from going into landfill each year.
We are friendly, passionate and diverse bunch who love the exciting adventures of a growing charity and the unexpected opportunities to bless people that come our way.
This position would ideally suit a recent school lever who is seeking a good foundation from which to pursue a career in business, customer service, administration, charity work, marketing or social media.
About the job:
We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to combine study with on the job training and experience in a 12 month Business Traineeship. Work part time and study part time to complete a Cert IV in Business.
This role is initially a part time role working in our office at Boolaroo on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, between 7:30am and 3:30pm and studying outside these hours. There is a possibility of this role becoming full time in the future.
What you will do in this job:
- Engage with donors and visitors as the primary point of contact for all enquires
- Answer phone calls, text messages and online enquires
- Arrange pick up of donations for Collection driver’s run in an efficient way
- Provide office support for Collection drivers
- Provide administration support to leadership
- Increase donor engagement through our social media platforms
- Assist with promotion and marketing
- Keep the office and kitchen areas tidy and clean
- Complete Certificate IV in Business within contracted period
- Other duties as required
Does this describe you?
- Honest, respectful and hardworking
- Willing to learn with a can do attitude
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service to donors
- Very good communications skills, especially on the phone
- Social media savvy
- A strategic thinker, problem solver and team player
- Able to commit to completing Cert IV in Business
- Flexible to work extra shifts or hours as required
- Willing to work in an overtly Christian organisation
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday 8 March 2020.
P.S. A cover letter is essential if you want a good chance make it to an interview as it’s your opportunity to show us how you and this job are a perfect match.
Suitable applicants may be interviewed before the closing date.