Warehouse Leading Hand
Bring your passion for helping people, your can do attitude and leadership talents to this rewarding role!
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors has an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide leadership to our Warehouse Team.
Church 4 Life Clothing Collectors is a Not For Profit business of Church 4 Life Ltd. As a church organisation we have an honest, respectful and hardworking team of volunteers and employees who work together to distribute blue bags inviting the community to donate clothing to be collected, processed and sent to developing countries to help poor people. The processing of donations and loading of shipping containers is the focus of our warehouse.
We are seeking people who thrive in a busy environment and can motivate a team to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high standards of work. This is a great opportunity to support a Christian charity while also developing your skills and building your career.
This role is a full time position Monday to Friday and is located at our warehouse at Warners Bay.
This position reports directly to the Business Operations Director.
To be successful in this role you must
- Agree to the Church 4 Life Statement of Faith
- Have a minimum of 5 years solid forklifting experience
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy donations
- Proven servant leadership ability
- Be flexible to work extra hours as required
- Leading by example, work with team members to process incoming donations and load shipping containers to meet strict deadlines
- Ensuring all paperwork and administrative requirements are completed with high levels of accuracy
- Roster staff to meet workload requirements while staying within budget
- Assist in recruitment, induction and training of team members
- Delivery of WHS training and compliance at the warehouse
- Maintain appropriate service and repairs of all warehouse equipment
- Inventory management
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Work in partnership with leaders of other departments
- Strong work ethic with drive and initiative
- Strategic thinking and adaptability talents to be able to plan and lead our team to complete tasks by priority in a changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a diverse team of people, delegate work and explain ideas clearly
- A commitment and ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement to achieve a cost effective warehouse operation
- Enjoy a fast paced, challenging workplace
- Experience loading or unloading shipping containers desirable
- First Aid certificate highly desirable
- Truck license (MR) desirable
- Rewarding workplace where your work makes a difference locally and globally
- Opportunities to grow in your career
- Friendly team environment in a growing charity
- Attractive NFP salary sacrifice package available
To Apply: Send your resume with a cover letter briefly explaining how your skills, knowledge, and experience will enable you to achieve the key requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 9pm Sunday 9 February 2020
Suitable applicants may be interviewed before closing date
Helping People Locally. Helping People Globally. Helping Our Environment